Monday, May 20, 2002

The plague

From: TuanMartin
Date: Monday, May 20, 2002 1:29 AM
Subject: The plague

I tried everything to stem the flow during the long Saturday night that I was suffering form my intestinal distress. I was not even aware at the time that so many others were also suffering from the abdominal wringing that I was going through. Same dish different disciple. About dawn, I tried some charcoal tablets. But by now my whole digestive tract was out of commission.

When I was being checked by a doctor at the hospital, he looked at my tongue and then stepped back. Was I aware, he asked, that my tongue was black, and how long had it been this way? I thought a minute, and then remembering the probably cause, told him it had been black since taking the charcoal tablets earlier on. He seemed relieved to think that the plague would not be hitting Hong Kong after all.

Doug

No comments: